- 1 cup grated APPLE (2 or 3 apples)
- 1 cup grated TURNIP (rutabaga, daikon or any type of radish can be used)
- 2 to 4 TBS of chopped flat-leaf (Italian) PARSLEY
- 1 TBS of extra virgin OLIVE OIL
- Juice of 1 Lemon, about 3 or 4 TBS
- Salt and Pepper
Get a bowl out and wash your hands and use ’em to toss these baby together! It’s easy, yummy and raw with a great tangy, crispy sharpness! A new staple at my house!
Grate up your apple and immediately toss it with the lemon juice, this will keep it from discoloring.
Toss in the grated turnip, parsley and all the rest…Adjust the seasoning to taste, some folks like more parsley, some like less. I think around a 1/4 cup is good.
Dig how the tart, sweet apple jives with the sharp raw turnip. Really fantastic!